This is a good resource for teaching gym to students
This website has lots of information about gymnastic education and also suggests activites that could be played in gym class.
This app is a great tool to use to help multilingual kids write/ draw stories and also great for students to collaborate on story projects together.
These resources are great for teaching environmental science in elementary
This link has story books in multilingual options great for children who don’t speak English or children who want to learn another language. This article also has links to a lot of other suggestions.
Here you will find links to different online resources for the classroom
Video maker/ editors
Coding / maker programs
Code Academy http://scratched.gse.harvard.edu/
Educational Games for interactive learning!
- Starting Strategies from Kyla: How can we address and support gender & sexual diversity in our classrooms?
- Recognize our own privileges and the oppressions of others as well
- Continue to develop a deeper understanding of gender & sexual diversity
- Broaden our worldview as it relates to culture but also gender and sexual diversity
- Challenge homophobia and transphobia remarks in all spaces
- Challenge gender norms in our classrooms
- Have discussions with families
- Avoid situations that force students to choose a gender
- Know the Education Act, STF code of ethics, Sask Human Rights Code & Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms
- Reflect on the kinds of language we use in the classroom
- Support alliances for Gender and Sexuality – GSAs – Gay Straight Alliances
- Make schools & classrooms welcoming and safe, a place where all people are valued
- Create that hope, to establish a safe and learning environment and make sure all students feel protected.
Deepening the Discussion Ministry of Education Link
Gender Diversity in the Elementary School