Marty The Great!

Right from the beginning of my research I found that this guy named Marty kept popping up, I even had a classmate mention to check him out. After looking through Marty’s Youtube page I quickly found out how great of a resource he is. He has over 3000 total videos that are all guitar related! A large amount of these are song tutorials which he seems to have one for every song you could ever imagine along with a lot of other guitar teachings. I truly can not say enough good about Marty. You can tell how passionate he is about what he does, making him so great at it. You can also find Marty on his website, Patreon, TikTok, Instagram, Reddit, X, and Facebook.

I will say learning this song was probably my biggest challenge so far but being able to learn from Marty definitely made it a lot easier! I have always loved the song Fast Car, especially Luke Combs version he made which inspired me to learn it! With a quick google search Marty’s video popped up and I decided to check it out. I really like that all his videos will begin with him playing it so we as listeners see exactly what we will be learning. He takes his time with these videos which I really like. Usually I find that when watching videos I will have to pause or go back often but the pace he goes at you can usually play with him and learn at that pace. You can tell Marty has a lot of patience and takes the time to really break down each aspect of playing. He often discusses within his teaching different ways to flair up the song a little bit making it as easy or challenging as you wish.

Overall, if anyone every brings up that they are trying to learn how to play guitar I will definitely tell them about Marty. I really think he is a great teacher for absolutely every level go guitarist. I know whenever I find a song I want to learn he will be the first resource I go to check out.

3 thoughts on “Marty The Great!

1. Hi Noah love watching your growth and progress with the guitar and the songs you are trying out! Fast Car is such a popular and good song thought you nailed it! Keep them coming!

2. Hi Noah!
    It sounds like you have found a great resource for learning guitar. I also love the song Fast Car and you did amazing with learning it this week! I appreciate you including all the different sites you can find Marty.
    Keep up the good work! I am excited to see what other songs you learn!

3. Hello Noah,
    I am thrilled to hear that my previous recommendation of Marty’s guitar tutorials has been beneficial for you! I knew he had a large collection of tutorials but I did not realize it was over 3000! Your video effectively highlights the progress you have made in your playing. Keep on pushing forward, it is sounding so great already!