You are Welcome to My World!

Welcome to my blog!

I’m Olajide Abijo, and my educational background includes a degree in Linguistics (B.A.) and a master’s in Educational Leadership. Currently enrolled in the Adult Education and Human Resources Development Program (MEd), I bring a wealth of teaching experience across diverse cultures and age groups, ranging from kindergarten to 80-year-olds.

I focus on exploring the effective application of online and blended learning in adult education, particularly within work contexts. Having lived and taught in Nigeria, the United Arab Emirates, and Japan, my experiences in different contexts have greatly influenced my perspectives and interactions with learners and local communities.

While my interest in teaching waned due to unnecessary systematic pressures, I aim to leverage my knowledge, experience, and skills within the industry. Although I am interested in postgraduate teaching opportunities, I am not inclined towards writing publications now, but NEVER say NEVER!

Posted by Olajide Abijo

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Olajide Abijo, and my educational background includes a degree in Linguistics (B.A.) and a master's in Educational Leadership. Currently enrolled in the Adult Education and Human Resources Development program (MEd), I bring a wealth of teaching experience across diverse cultures and age groups, ranging from kindergarten to 80-year-olds 😊.

My focus lies in exploring the effective application of online and blended learning in adult education, particularly within work contexts. Having lived and taught in Nigeria, the United Arab Emirates, and Japan, my experiences in different contexts have greatly influenced my perspectives and interactions with learners and local communities.

While my interest in teaching waned due to unnecessary systematic pressures, I aim to leverage my knowledge, experience, and skills within the industry. Although I harbor an interest in postgraduate teaching opportunities, I am not inclined towards writing publications at this time, but NEVER say NEVER!

2 thoughts on “You are Welcome to My World!”

1. Hi Olajide! You must be very versatile, teaching such a wide range of ages! Are you a corporate teacher currently? This is my area of interest, as I teach safety courses to faculty and students.

Not related to EC&I 834, but I’m curious to hear your thoughts about the UAE? I’m heading to Abu Dhabi in the fall for a conference, followed by a few days of vacation. My husband thought it sounded like a unique destination, so he’s tagging along. Any must-have travel advice? I’m also curious what led you there in the first place – was it a teaching job?

2. Thanks for taking the time to read, Lauren! I will connect with you on LinkedIn, even though I haven’t been active recently.

UAE is a nice place. I did a short-term sales job but taught mostly there, in both private and public school systems. The monthly pay isn’t bad…lol.
    Thank God you aren’t going in the peak of summer…it can be so hot that you may not be able to walk 15 minutes outside if you’re not used to 40-50 degrees. And you may not enjoy much of the outdoors.

Abu Dhabi is the administrative capital with some landmark places to visit. Visit Dubai too if you can…much fun in Dubai. Try the different outdoor activities; they are worth it!