EDTC 300

Introduction

photo on EdTech theme. wooden cubes with the words "EdTech", on the background of laptop and succulent

My name is Ola, and I am new to blogging. I am a mother and aunt to so many nieces and nephews. I am the firstborn and I have four siblings. I should have been blogging since 2009 when I was unemployed, I was talking to my brother that I was bored in Malaysia, and he said I should start blogging and writing about my experience in Malaysia, but I did not buy the idea. I have had the opportunity to live and work on four continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, and North America) and this has exposed me to diverse cultures, and I now have friends all around the world.

I am a fan of online classes and virtual meetings. For online classes and virtual meetings, I mostly use Zoom and for online training Teams and various apps are being used. I use either Safari, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge for Google Classroom, Kahoot, and gaming apps regularly during my journey to becoming an educator. I am comfortable using a phone, tablet or laptop for my virtual meetings, online synchronous classes and for sending email or doing most of my daily work. I have been using different educational technology for some time now and I use them for my personal and work purposes. I frequently use an iPad with children while working as an EA and during my internship, I had the opportunity to use the digital whiteboard. I also use projectors connected to a laptop or iPad daily during lunch hour for children to watch a movie.

As a future educator , Edtech is very important. In the link below, you will be able to read the importance of Edtech in the classroom.

https://mussila.com/the-importance-of-edtech-in-the-classroom/

Thanks for taking time out to read my blog. In my next blog I will be writing on my journey to learning braille online.

1. Hi Ola,

Thanks for sharing your insightful blog post! It’s amazing to see how technology has transformed education and made it more accessible and convenient. Your comparison between the past and present educational experiences highlights the incredible benefits technology brings to students and educators alike.

Your personal anecdotes about using tools like Google Docs, Zoom, and Microsoft applications for classes and work illustrate the practical advantages of EdTech. It’s also interesting to hear about the challenges you face, like sitting for too long, and how you’ve addressed them with a smartwatch. I appreciate your honest reflection on both the positive and negative aspects of technology use. Your diverse experiences across different continents and cultures add a unique perspective to your writing. I am looking forward to your next post about learning braille online.

Nikol Ostrovski