Learning project

Learning Braille- sweet and sour week

Inspirational motivational quote "you are one step closer everyday, so don't give up today" on buildings and sky background.

This week has been challenging and I could not post early because of the challenges I encountered. First, the tennis balls I bought from Amazon to practice my alphabet at home were not delivered, and I had difficulty mastering and remembering the alphabet I learned.
Learning Braille this week has been challenging. I wasn’t getting anywhere with my practice and I failed all the activities after each lesson I kept trying and trying and still getting a “Try again message ” and I almost gave up on Thursday but I remembered I knew this learning project wouldn’t be easy and I am someone who doesn’t give up easily, so I decided to abandon my practice and return to it after a day or 2. It was the best decision for my learning project because I was able to relax and think of ways I could learn visually instead of just listening to the audio class. Since the tennis balls were not delivered, I used just the YouTube videos to practice
Using YouTube videos to learn has been the smartest decision for my learning project because its visual and seeing how it’s done, I can also pause the video, practice, and pause/play as many times as possible.
After several days of watching YouTube videos and practicing, I took the challenge and some level activities on the Braille Academy App. I got to level 5 and have mastered the alphabets a, b, c, d, f, l, k, m, n, u, x, and v. It feels so good knowing I can identify the alphabet when I see them so the next blog post will be me using it in words.
I have added pictures of my levels to this post, and I have also added links to the YouTube videos I used to learn my alphabet. If you want to learn basic Braille alphabets the videos are so good.

Yes I can

1. Hi Olawanle,
    It sounds like you faced quite a few hurdles this week, but I am impressed by your perseverance and adaptability! It is inspiring how you didn’t let the challenges deter you from your learning project goals. Utilizing YouTube videos was a great alternative. Keep up the great work, I am looking forward to reading about your next steps in incorporating Braille into words!

2. Hi Ola,
    I greatly admire your perseverance with this challenging learning project. You are making progress even if, at times, it doesn’t feel like you are. Keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing how much progress you make through the entire learning project.