Introduction To Learning Project

Introduction To Learning Project

Deciding on a project was a real challenge for me. I cycled through several ideas, but none of them felt quite right. I wanted to choose something I was passionate about, something that would push me to learn and grow. After much contemplation, I finally found inspiration in an unexpected place: braiding hair.

When I was younger, I used to braid my friends’ hair during recess. We would sit in a circle on the playground, and I would weave simple three-strand braids, feeling a sense of accomplishment each time I completed one. However, as the years passed, I drifted away from this hobby. Now, with only basic braiding skills in my arsenal, the idea of revisiting braiding seems both intriguing and daunting. Despite this, I’m excited about transforming my basic abilities into something more elaborate and beautiful.

To get started, I have begun researching different braiding techniques and hairstyles. The world of braiding is vast and varied, from classic French braids to intricate fishtail and waterfall braids. The more I learn, the more fascinated I become, I have found numerous resources to help me on this journey, including online tutorials, step-by-step guides, and even books dedicated to the art of braiding. Websites like YouTube have been particularly helpful, offering countless video tutorials from beginner to advanced levels. Additionally, I have discovered a Facebook group chat where enthusiasts share tips, tricks, and advice.

I plan to practice with friends and family, starting with the basics and gradually moving on to more complex styles. At first, my attempts might be clumsy and uneven, but I am prepared to persist. Each braid will be a step toward improvement, a chance to refine my technique. As I progress, I hope to experiment with different styles, combining various techniques to create unique looks.

This project is just beginning, and I am eager to see where it takes me. It’s a journey that will require patience and perseverance, but I am excited about the possibilities. With the help of the resources I have gathered and the support of those around me, I am confident that I can develop my braiding skills and create beautiful, intricate hairstyles.

2 thoughts on “Introduction To Learning Project

1. Hello Nikol, it is great to hear that you’re diving back into braiding hair! I also lost touch with braiding air and would love to get back into it, so finding inspiration in childhood hobbies is wonderful, and your commitment to learning new techniques is great. It is awesome that you are exploring various resources like online tutorials and books to enhance your skills. Starting with the basics and working your way up to more difficult styles shows your dedication. Remember, every braid you make is progress, so keep practicing and don’t give up! I’m excited to see your journey unfold and the beautiful hairstyles you’ll create. (And maybe I can use some of your resources to teach myself new braiding styles.)

2. Hi Nicol!! I am so excited about your learning project idea! I am sure it will come in handy in your everyday life! I am happy to hear that you found something you are passionate about as it makes learning new skills so much easier. I cannot wait to hear more about different braiding and hairstyles techniques, and hopefully pick up something for myself. I also noticed that you have very long and beautiful hair, so you can make great hairstyles with it!! Good luck! 🙂