Treaty Education: “We are All Treaty People”

Treaty education is a subject that is very important to be taught. Treaty education is teaching about the treaties and the history of how these things came to be. Teaching treaty ed is a way to honour their existence and our country’s history that can often be overlooked. In the article, “We Are All Treaty People”, it was stated that treaties are taught because it is a part of the indigenous stories. This stood out to me because storytelling is a very important aspect of indigenous culture and the treaties are also very important to their history so they are tied together. The purpose of teaching treaty education is to educate young people about the history of the place they are growing up and keep the history of what has happened here alive and keep young people aware of these topics.

To my understanding, “we are all treaty people” means that those who live on land that a treaty covers are affected by them. Also, the people who live on treaty land, regardless if they are indigenous or not, should be educated on what the treaties mean, what comes along with the treaties, and the history. This is why treaty education needs to be taught as well. The people living on treaty land need to be aware of what treaties are. In the video of Mike and Claire, something that stood out to me was “treaty ed is not going to become less important”. This quote stood out to me because as a future teacher, I recognize the great importance of teaching these topics to students. Treaty education is not going to go away or become less important, it is going to continue to be taught and the significance of these teachings are going to become more important and as teachers it is our job to recognize this and do the best we can to teach it.

1. hgf

When someone writes an article he/she keeps the plan of a user
    in his/her brain that how a user can understand it.

Thus that’s why this article is amazing. Thanks!

2. http://www.fdsfsdf.com/

Its like you read my thoughts! You seem to understand so much about this, such as you
    wrote the book in it or something. I think that you just could do with a few % to
    drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is great blog.
    A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.