If I fix my gate, does that make me secretary of Defence?

For my learning project, I would like to explore the sport of Ringette. This includes learning about the rules, how the sport differs from hockey, and the skills required to play the game, particularly those I will need to develop. Another aspect I want to focus on is finding a place to play and practice, which could include setting up a backyard ice surface.

While I wouldn’t say that Ringette is a sport that greatly interests me personally, it is very important to my partner and her family. In life, sometimes it’s necessary to take an interest in things that may not be appealing at first, not as a chore, but as a way of supporting and connecting with others. I also have a 4 year old who may get into the sport, but wants to learn to skate and what better way then to have your own backyard ice rink.

Welcome

Hi there folks!

I first had to rack my brain to think about what sort of experience with Educational Technology. Then I realized I grew up when the computer labs in school were packed full of Apple Macintosh II’s. This was the Era of Number Crunchers to “learn” math. This may be an example of how games aid in learning tasks, but that may be a post for another section.

I do not mind blogging, as a just about teacher (Final Semester in class) we are expected to reflect on our experiences of the day, and adapt those into our pedagogy. I find it as a form of meditation, and this is basically just an online journal of experiences. Another form of Meditation that I enjoy is the open road. It feels cliche, but you and the open road on a motorcycle is both relaxing and exhilerating all at the same time. I’ll attach an imagine of my old bike, and a link to a website where you too can play some number crunchers! https://classicreload.com/number-munchers.html

Thanks for the read

Rob