Week 4

• What does it mean to be a good student according to ” the common sense?”

When I think of what a “good” classroom looks like, images of children in their desks, in order with hands being raised to ask questions. I feel like this is how the vast majority of people will think about a classroom. students should be well behaved, polite, raise hands when asking a question, and even more importantly does not cause “waves”

By waves, I mean anything that would disrupt the river of knowledge and information that the teacher is giving to the students. These kinds of waves can be simple like being noisy during class, distracting other students, or not doing assignments. but the major kind of “wave” would be questioning the curriculum, asking “why is this important” or even questioning outdated subjects.

This is how common sense has shaped how we think a classroom should look. however every classroom will look different, every student will have their own needs and every teacher will teach differently than each other.