Week 2 of Stitching

This week I learned that the goal I set from last week was completely unrealistic. My original goal for this week, was to complete the outline of my cross stitching pattern. As I found out and even talked about in my last blog post, cross stitching is quite time consuming. I try to spent about 2 hours over the course of the week on my pattern for this project. Although I did get a lot done this week, I did not meet my goal. So, goal for next week: Finish my outline (for real this time).

Where I am at now!

As, you can see, actually did make quite a lot of progress from last week! I am officially half way done my outline. Do not look too closely, I repeat: DO NOT look to closely. The small details were extremely challenging I found. I thought the eye in the pattern was going to be the death of me – I’m not kidding. It was so hard to follow along with the pattern transferring it to my canvas. When cross stitching, your needle goes through both the front and the back of the canvas, so I found flipping from the front to the back and vice versa I was getting lost in where I was in the pattern. This resulting in my woman having what looks like a snake eye and what looks to be a broken nose. Ugh. I am very nervous to stitch the other eye, that one has a bit more stitching so I am scared my woman will end up looking like an ogre.

For this weeks resources, I found a cross stitching blog that including some tips for beginners! This blog includes a links to purchase different cross stitch patterns and even offers cross stitching courses to beginners! It helped me through some hiccups I was facing and got me interested in purchasing some new patterns! the blog has a link to their Etsy store where you can find SO many different cross stitching patterns. I also found this blog users Twitter which is excited as I can now follow her!

3 thoughts on “Week 2 of Stitching

1. Hi Sarah
    It’s amazing to see neatness in your outline. Your project reminds me of my grandmom who was really good at cross stitching. She made us many pillow cases and sheets. Do you have any video of the actual process of cross stitching? I would love to see the actual stitching process and i hope you are able to work towards your goal next week.

2. Hi Sara,

This looks amazing! I don’t believe I have really heard of or at least thought of cross stitching before so this is a cool idea to learn! It looks so difficult! Just because you haven’t reached your goal does not mean that you are lacking in any way as this seems like a lot of work! You are doing great and I love the work you have done so far! You’ve really come a long way! Thanks for sharing the Twitter page! This shows another way how Twitter and other social media platforms can be used to help us learn and take on new projects!

Thanks for sharing I am excited to see some more of what you have accomplished!

Noelle

3. Hi Sara,
    It looks like your learning project is going well, you’ve done beautifully so far! My goal was to work on my project for 10 min a day and my first week I definitely did not meet that goal! Just because you didn’t make it this week doesn’t mean that next week can’t be better! Let’s do this!!