Cybersleuth-ing

For this cybersleuth-ing assignment I was in a group of three and was “sleuthing” my bffs sister! I already knew a lot of things about her but was interested on what else I would find. I found some basic information on Facebook including her which school division, what she took and where she went to university, where she went to school and where she is from, and who her husband is and when they got married.I also found her birthday, that she lived in Regina, some family members on Facebook, and some videos of her and her friends. I did do a little more digging into her profile and discovered that she worked for K & K Swim School and for Evraz as a life guard/swim coach, rescued a dog and it’s name is Simba, and a picture of the house her and her husband bought in 2020. She also has a lot of pictures on Facebook of her family and friends dating back all the way back to 2008.

I tried to google my partners name after examining Facebook and I actually couldn’t find a whole lot of other information. I first tried her maiden name and found a ton of people who shared the same name but something about my partner. I then googled her married name and couldn’t find anything either since both names are so common. The only thing I could find on google was a possible Teachers Pay Teachers account.

My partner has an Instagram account but under a different name. I was already following it but I don’t know if anyone random would be able to find it. I found out the my partner is big into Oxygen Yoga and Fitness as she was tagged in pictures from a photo shoot they did around Christmas (which is awesome because I used to work there!!). Her Twitter is very professional and includes her pronouns and posts including different resources and articles related to teaching. I also found her Tik Tok! No posts yet but 15 followers.

Overall, I didn’t find anything too new and exciting in my cybersleothing… Just some nice pictures of my bestie when she was little.