Who is Sarah Fradette? No, seriously…

Honestly, this is a loaded question because this name still feels so foreign to me. For all you married people who changed their name, when does calling yourself by another name start to feel normal? At what point is the blank stare I give people who call me by my new last name no longer appropriate? Anyway, I digress.

My name is Sarah Fradette, at least when I remember to call myself that. I’m in my eleventh year of teaching and my third year as an administrator. I live on an acreage south of Moose Jaw, where we have two dogs (Frank and Beau) and some farm cats. This summer, I deserted my grass-cutting duties and spent the month of July backpacking in Bali, Indonesia, with my husband. Here is evidence of the cliched statement: low-quality photos–high-quality time. One of our first destinations was a boat tour based out of Labuan Bajo, where we checked out a bunch of islands, including the Komodo National Park. Check out the video our guide made for us while at the park!

I’m totally new to the blogging world and am really not all that tech-savvy. Pray for me. However, this is the last class of my Inclusive Ed certificate, so I’m determined to give this blog thing my best effort. I dislike cooking blogs; I just want to get to the darn recipe already, but I enjoyed reading travel blogs when planning our trip to Indonesia. Hopefully, I can create something worth reading!

2 thoughts on “Who is Sarah Fradette? No, seriously…

1. Wow! Backpacking in Bali sounds like a dream. Sarah, you’ll have to share some tips about that whole experience. I would love to travel there when I have the chance.

I have full confidence that your blogs will be worth reading, as this first one was already captivating. I’m looking forward to them!

2. Hello Sarah Fradette!

First off, congratulations on your eleventh year of teaching and your third year as an administrator—that’s truly something. The journey of adjusting to a new name is such an intriguing aspect of life, and your candid reflections on when it starts feeling normal made me smile.

Your life on the acreage south of Moose Jaw sounds idyllic, especially with the addition of the dogs, and cats. The decision to spend July backpacking in Bali, Indonesia, is adventurous, and your acknowledgment of “low-quality photos–high-quality time” resonates with the authenticity of the travel experience.

The boat tour based out of Labuan Bajo, exploring the islands, including the Komodo National Park, must have been an incredible experience. The Komodo dragons seem so friendly.

Entering the world of blogging can indeed be a tech challenge. Still, your determination to give it your best effort, especially as you wrap up your Inclusive Ed certificate, is admirable. I’m looking forward to following your blogging journey and reading about your adventures, both in and out of the classroom. Best of luck, and may your blog be a source of inspiration and enjoyment for many!