Ordering From Wayfair: Hit Or Miss?

Next up in designing my dining room was choosing a rug for the space. As part of my learning this week, I made a video using screen recordings (my first time doing that) and then turned it into a video using iMovie (my first time using this program as well), followed by turning that into a YouTube video.

I’ll post the video I made and then discuss my experience with the tech as well as my thoughts on the rug I chose.

So, I wanted to show you this week how I went about choosing an area rug. Everything I checked out was on my iPad, so I downloaded the app called Record It. I found it very easy to use.

Once you download the app, you press the start button to begin recording.

A little pop-up appears and you choose the “Start Broadcast” and turn your mic on or off to begin the recording. It does a count down for you.

Once you are done your recording you can edit it in app, I chose not to. You can then share your project to your camera roll, other apps, or YouTube.

I downloaded the video to my camera roll and then moved it over to iMovie to begin editing. I found this to be a very easy program to use. I trimmed out the bits that weren’t needed and then added my voice to it–nothing fancy. It’s not a great video; certainly not something that I would watch myself if I were looking for a resource to find an area rug. However, I was successful in learning how to use a few new programs.

So, in case you didn’t watch the whole video. Here are the places I went to in order to research and buy my area rug:

I ordered a smaller area rug from Wayfair about 7 years ago, along with a cat stand and both have held up really well, so I figured I would try ordering from there again. Shipping was fast–although it needed to be sent to a physical address; thanks again to my mother-in-law for accepting all my packages at her office! The rug was delivered quickly and was wrapped well. I unrolled it and then placed it in my dining room. The corners and one end didn’t really want to lay flat so I bought some ‘carpet tape‘ from Amazon to help it stick down. The product was easy to use, and the corners are now lying flat.

Here’s a visual of the rug before I put the tape down.

I love how this rug works in the space. My husband initially thought it was a little ‘busy’ but once the chairs were tucked in they took away from the design a bit and he felt better about it–or just wasn’t brave enough to say otherwise.

What do you think? Have you ever ordered from Wayfair before? What was your experience?

2 thoughts on “Ordering From Wayfair: Hit Or Miss?

1. Hi Sarah! I really like the way the rug looks under the table. I love that there are subtle colours in the rug that don’t overpower the rest of the space. I have ordered from Wayfair a few times. I have always had positive experiences, but I know that’s not the case for everyone! My friend ordered a nightstand and the wrong colour was delivered. She notified them, and they sent her another one. It was the right colour, but pieces were missing. They finally sent her the correct colour of nightstand with all pieces intact. The funny thing is they did not want her to send any of the nightstands back, so she now has three! She got creative though and after removing some of the drawers, she was able to use one as a stand for her record player. She definitely didn’t complain!