Summary of Learning

This is my last blog post for EC&I 834 and I am happy to share my Summary of Learning video with you. I am grateful to have taken this class and learn new content related to technology in education. Thank you to Katia for instructing this class and for everyone in our course who shared…

By Sarah Clarke April 10, 2024 4

Final Course Prototype

As I write my final blog post tonight, a quote from an old professor comes to my mind:   “Start small, start smart, but at least start.” – Nick Forsberg   Well Nick, I will tell you that I DID NOT start small on this project. I should start by saying I had good intentions…

By Sarah Clarke April 4, 2024 3

AI in Teaching and Learning

About a year ago, my friend’s husband wrote a beautiful post for her birthday. I texted her about how sweet it was and she quickly replied with an eye roll emoji saying he used ChatGTP to create his write-up. Little did I know, people all around me were using this tool and I (living under…

By Sarah Clarke March 25, 2024 2

Feedback, Accessibility & Equity

Feedback First off, thank you to my reviewers for spending time going through my first module and providing feedback. It helps to have more eyes reviewing my course and different perspectives regarding what they liked about it and what could be improved.   Things that worked well Things that could be improved #1) All content…

By Sarah Clarke March 19, 2024 2

Module 1 in Lumi

The Before I created my online course to help students attain a recovery credit in Math 10WA. Module 1 focuses on Trigonometry which can be a difficult unit for grade 10 students. To view my course prototype, click here.   The Now Over the past 10 days, I have spent countless hours creating a “shell”…

By Sarah Clarke February 26, 2024 2

Creating a Community in an Online Course

For my prototype, I created a recovery course for students who have previously failed Math 10 Workplace and Apprenticeship. My course design is completely online (except for exams), and students work at their own pace through the modules (asynchronously). You might wonder why I choose to go asynchronously, especially for a math class. Well, it…

By Sarah Clarke February 10, 2024 7

Online Course for Math 10WA

Over the past 2 weeks I have been chasing my tail trying to decide what course I will design for this assignment. I currently have three ADDIE templates open on my google documents and I am determined to design online courses for my Wellness 10 and Math 9 classes (in the near future). Remind you…

By Sarah Clarke February 7, 2024 4

My Experiences with Blended Learning

As someone who has always preferred reading articles from paper copies and writing notes with pen and paper, I have learned to appreciate using technology in the education field. Don’t get me wrong, looking at a screen for a long period of time is not my favorite. In fact, I find myself experiencing headaches if…

By Sarah Clarke January 23, 2024 10