Module 1 in Lumi

The Before I created my online course to help students attain a recovery credit in Math 10WA. Module 1 focuses on Trigonometry which can be a difficult unit for grade 10 students. To view my course prototype, click here.   The Now Over the past 10 days, I have spent countless hours creating a “shell”…

By Sarah Clarke February 26, 2024 0

Creating a Community in an Online Course

For my prototype, I created a recovery course for students who have previously failed Math 10 Workplace and Apprenticeship. My course design is completely online (except for exams), and students work at their own pace through the modules (asynchronously). You might wonder why I choose to go asynchronously, especially for a math class. Well, it…

By Sarah Clarke February 10, 2024 7

Online Course for Math 10WA

Over the past 2 weeks I have been chasing my tail trying to decide what course I will design for this assignment. I currently have three ADDIE templates open on my google documents and I am determined to design online courses for my Wellness 10 and Math 9 classes (in the near future). Remind you…

By Sarah Clarke February 7, 2024 4

My Experiences with Blended Learning

As someone who has always preferred reading articles from paper copies and writing notes with pen and paper, I have learned to appreciate using technology in the education field. Don’t get me wrong, looking at a screen for a long period of time is not my favorite. In fact, I find myself experiencing headaches if…

By Sarah Clarke January 23, 2024 10