Browsed by
Day: June 10, 2024

Alison – An online learning platform!

Alison – An online learning platform!

For my learning post this week I used Alison which incorporated video tools, and descriptions for learning excel. They have a lot of free online courses, but I chose Data Entry Tools and Techniques module. There are quizzes built into the presentations which made feedback instant and easy to understand. It was super basic to start and slowly progressed to a point where I felt adequately challenged. They have lots of other free classes online that might be cool to…

Read More Read More

Is coding fun? No. Is it important?? Yes!

I used Hour of Code to create a google logo. I made the letters frogs and had fun playing around with it, but I have never enjoyed coding. My computer science classes in university were some of my least favourite and although I recognize that these are important things to be teaching kids I can’t frankly get the appeal. I do think that coding is an important skill to have some awareness for at the very least. I taught with…

Read More Read More

Teaching Digital Literacy

Teaching Digital Literacy

My grade range/ subject is high school sciences so one website that lots of teachers use is DHMO which talks about the dangers of Dihydrogen monoxide (water) seriously check it out. It’s a great example for why we should always seek further answers and make inferences about why information is being presented. It is super outdated like the octopus one we viewed in class but could be a great resource once its revamped. I know that many teachers use it…

Read More Read More