Excel Artwork??

Excel Artwork??

I want to preface this my saying that no ounce of my being considers myself an artist, but excel art is actually super fun (and pretty simple if you know a few tricks)!!

Bringing myself back to the article that started this whole project I wanted to learn how to make artwork on excel I found some tutorials on YouTube for excel art, but I had some issues because I am using a macbook and I don’t have access to a wireless mouse. The best tutorial I found is called How to Create Pixel Art, which is a super simple way to create art on excel. Now this is not the way that the professionals create their art (for the most part) so this is super beginner stuff. I wish I could say that this took me no time at all but it actually took me close to 30 minutes to create the tree image. I wanted to test my skills from the obstacle course and I made the second one in about 5 minutes! I am starting to have a lot of fun learning about what uses excel has beyond information hubs! I think that although YouTube is generally good for teaching skills, I have found that trying to have two tabs open at once makes it tricky to keep up.

3 thoughts on “Excel Artwork??

1. Hi Sarah,
    It’s great to hear about your experience with Excel art on your MacBook! The “How to Create Pixel Art” tutorial sounds like a great discovery. It’s really cool to know that you’re enjoying exploring what Excel can do creatively—it seems like it has some surprising uses! Keep having fun with your projects!

2. Hello Sarah,
    I was unaware that you could create art using Excel! Working with Excel is challenging for me, so the thought of creating art on it seems like it would require a great deal of effort. I’m almost tempted to try it myself. Thank you for introducing this new way to utilize Excel. You are really nailing this Excel learning journey, keep up the good work.