Embark on an Excel Journey!!

Embark on an Excel Journey!!

For my learning project I have chosen to learn more about Microsoft excel. I have always found it to be so interesting when people can create elaborate worksheets, and I felt that since this class was about technology I should finally learn to use excel. This is also an inexpensive skill that does take time to learn, so while I have an opportunity to learn I probably should.

As it currently stands I don’t have many capabilities with Excel beyond making basic spreadsheets. I have had to make graphs on excel for some of my classes in the past and found it quite difficult, needless to say I would not consider myself to be adept. I hope to be able to group and sort content, plot data, and use some new formulas and functions.

My plan is to follow the course from the Microsoft website, watch some videos on YouTube and TikTok and hopefully by the end I will have some formulas memorized to make some cool spreadsheets. My inspiration is from a random Buzzfeed article I read once about a decade ago. This screenshot is of a piece of art made by kotak888. We will have to see what I am able to make in the coming weeks!

6 thoughts on “Embark on an Excel Journey!!

1. Hey Sarah,
    Your learning project sounds exciting! I can’t wait to follow your journey throughout this class and maybe learn a few tricks from you by the end.

2. Hey Sarah! Excel is a wonderful yet frustrating application so I wish you the best in learning the ins and outs! I have some basic experience in using it for payroll purposes and general personal finance so if any of those things come up I would be happy to try and help!

3. Hey Sarah! It is nice to see a familiar face in the class. I love this idea for your learning project. I believe it will come in handy many times throughout your life and teaching career. Good luck with your project and I can’t wait to see your progress throughout the semester!

4. Sounds like a great idea. I know for myself Excel has helped with organization like crazy for me. excited to read about your journey!

5. Hi Sarah, this is a very cool learning project! Excel can be useful for so many things and can help our everyday lives out so much! I am very excited to follow along with your progress and hopefully learn a trick to two! Good luck on your new skill!