Magic School AI

Magic School AI

I have heard about Magic School AI, but I have never tried it. I set up an account and got started! The first thing I noticed was that there was a toggle at the top that could switch to be MagicSchool and MagicStudent.

The resources for students were plentiful and could be used to engage in many topics. The ones that seemed coolest to me was the book recommendation tool, math review and social stories.

The Book Suggestions gives ideas for students based on what genres, themes, or other books they enjoy. It provides titles, authors and a summary of the book, this isn’t just for students I used I for myself and found some ideas of books I might like!

Math Review was super cool, it could be used by teachers or students to create math problems, a great study tool for learners. It creates math problems based on what you are wanting to practice, it will even create word problems.

Social Stories helps people navigate social situations, like a job interview, first day of school, or anything else! I thought this was so cool because some people don’t feel comfortable asking others for help or don’t have someone they can ask.

The teacher resources are just as helpful. Many of them are the same or very similar to those of the students, some that stood out to me are: science lab generator, professional email generator, make it relevant, and text leveler.

Science Lab Generator: creates lab activities based on the criteria given to it, even at the university level. You can set your criteria to meet the standards set by the province where you live.

Professional Email Generator: creates a very professional email to anyone you chose, give a quick prompt or some ideas and the rest will be made for you!

Make it Relevant: Provide a topic and the interest areas of students and then a variety of ideas will be given on how to make that topic relevant to students in your class.

Text Leveler: Can change the level of any text to be easy to comprehend by any person. Simple copy and paste, or attach the document you wish to simplify.

This seems like a super helpful resource for anyone! I would highly encourage you to take a look at this website.

2 thoughts on “Magic School AI

1. Hi Sarah,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Magic School AI! Your detailed overview of both student and teacher resources provides a great introduction to what this tool can offer.
    The ability to toggle between MagicSchool and MagicStudent sounds like a fantastic feature, making it versatile for different user needs. The student resources, seem incredibly engaging and useful. I love that the Book Suggestions feature isn’t just limited to students— you found some great book ideas for yourself too!
    Magic School AI seems to be a comprehensive and user-friendly platform that supports both students and teachers effectively. I appreciate your recommendation and will definitely have to check it out.

Thanks again for the insightful review!

2. Hey Sarah! I used the same AI tool this week! I had seen my Pre-Internship Co-op teacher use it and I wanted to learn more about it. I hope you had a great experience exploring it. I have found it to be a super useful tool and will probably use it in the future! Thanks for sharing Sarah!