My Tech Habits (Good and Bad)

Given the significant role that technology now has in my life, there are many influences that take over daily. Let’s begin with simple apps that I use daily to fill my limited free time. These are also the applications that frequently take me away from all my coursework and/or workload.

1. Facebook has changed my life. I use it on a daily. Which makes me feel sort of old. But, that is beside the point. Facebook is an app I use as my main connection to all my friends and family. It is the primary app to contact me through, besides the basic text or call.
  2. Snapchat is also an app that I use to have contact with relatives from around the world. I use it primarily because it tells me when I have friends or family online, which is when I can tell what time I can contact them. It seems like a minuscule reason to continue using Snapchat, however, it also helps to keep up to date with their lives, as Facebook is not commonly used anymore by the younger generation. More specifically my generation.
  3. Paramount is my favourite movie, TV, series, and streaming app. I use this as my primary watching application. It is the only app I have that is connected between my phone, laptop and TV.

Some strategies I use to help organize my time between school, work and distractions created by the previous list of apps include: setting timers, having background noises that are not movies or shows I am intrigued by, and having someone with me to help regulate my time spent on work, classes, or free time.

The apps I use to remain organized and productive in my family life differ tremendously because there are not many I use.

1. I use my basic calendar to control all my appointments, meetings, etc… It is the oldest method I know and have. I especially enjoy the aspects of the basic calendar including, adding addresses to my appointments and/or meetings, and times, such as time starting and time ending. The calendar helps me to keep track of my work hours on a daily basis.
  2. For school, I also use an application called Grade Pal (the link will lead you to the Play Store), which allows me to input all my school assignments and weights of each assignment and keep up to date with my average in my classes. It is only a mobile application, yet it is very handy in keeping up with my grades in each individual class.
  3. Another one, which I believe is the most popular for all University students in Regina is URCourses, which get all university students their syllabus, assignments, schedules, exams/tests etc…
This entry was posted in EDTC 300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.