Solving White!

Hello everyone!

This week I learnt how to solve white on the 2×2 Rubik’s cube. I was very proud of myself! I used an algorithm website specifically made to help beginners solve Rubik’s cubes to help learn the algorithms to eventually led me to solving white!

The learning process for this step of how to solve the white side was very challenging. It took me days to just understand how to learn the website and algorithm methods used to solve white. Although I still cannot figure out how to solve white “properly”. However, I am proud of myself for learning the first step; even if it isn’t done properly. There really is not too much to say about this week’s learning, however, I will continue learning and hopefully next week I will be able to solve white correctly and maybe go even further, as I have heard the next step isn’t too difficult to figure out.

Below I have added a picture of the Rubik’s cube I have been using for this project, as well as a video of me solving white!

Learnt how to solve white!

I’m Solving the white side of the 2×2!

I hope to give better news about my progress next week!

This entry was posted in EDTC 300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Solving White!

1. Esin says:

Hi Savannah,
    I was unaware that solving the Rubik’s cube could be explained in this way. This blog post motivated me to try it myself. Thank you for sharing!

2. Dalin Cyr says:

Way to go, Savanna, quick tip when you bought the Rubik’s cube did it come with instructions? When I bought mine it did and they were way more helpful than watching youtube videos because that one in your hand ( NoT tO bRaG) I did it in 14 seconds thanks too the instructions and probably around 1 minute and 30 seconds for the 3×3 cube. BTW once you find out how to do this 2×2 the 3×3 is mostly the same.

3. Stephanie Voss says:

Way to go Savannah! This is such a neat project you are working on. I bet taking the time to solve Rubics cubes is good for your brain! I didn’t know there were different types of Rubics cubes. Starting with a 2×2 is a great way to realistically progress as a beginner!

4. Alyssa Hildebrandt says:

Hey Savannah!
    I think your learning project is so unique, and I just love it so much! My mom bought me a Rubik’s cube for Christmas last year, which has sat in the box all year. That thing scares me, and it’s very daunting! I am so excited to see you move up to bigger sizes and see how long it takes you. Maybe this will give me a push to take mine out of the box (probably not)…

5. Darian Zadorozniak says:

Like some of the other comments, I also have a Rubik’s cube sitting in its packaging that I have neglected since Christmas. I’d rather look at it completed than have myself mess it up and not be able to fix it! This is a very cool idea for a learning project; in my internship experiences I have seen a few kids who are able to complete Rubik’s cubes – it hurts my head to even watch. Maybe I should open my Rubik’s cube and give it a try…..