Some New Adventure!

Hello everyone,

Welcome back to my learning journey. I found a new video editor or movie-making tool I have been learning about this week. It is called Wondershare Filmora. It is an app that can be downloaded onto your laptop. I have been working with a shortened version of my solving white video from my previous post.

The instructions are pretty basic compared to other video or movie maker applications. You are able to import videos or images to edit. You can add transitions for images or video effects as I did in my quick video. You can also add text and audio to your video.

You could easily interpret this application within the classroom by having students create their own videos, or even using it to make your own video to introduce a topic for the students. Using this video-making tool you can include the SAMR model in practically all stages. I would hope! This application can be used just as a basic slideshow, or use it to record a lecture for the students (if it were an online course). It can also be used for students, through the idea that they could make their own videos, slideshows, or movies.

I haven’t gotten much further in how to solve the 2×2 Rubik’s cube, unfortunately :(. At this time I am focusing on trying to even memorize how to solve white. However, it is getting quite easy the more I do it. So hopefully next week I can solve white entirely. And maybe even further! Oh who am I kidding I may be able to solve white “correctly”, and if I am lucky I will be able to move on to the next steps in how to solve the cube. Who would’ve thought something so small would take so long to learn and be so challenging? I had a comment on my last post about using the packaging to help solve the cube, however, I am not really good at keeping things that look like garbage so I did not really keep it. However, I will remember that little tidbit before I throw away my 3×3 packaging. If I make it to the 3×3 cube anytime soon!

This entry was posted in EDTC 300, Learning Project. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Some New Adventure!

1. Joshua Wagner says:

You can do this! I think you’re on the right approach by taking it one step at a time instead of attempting to memorize the whole thing at once (cause that’s definitely daunting). Looking at the algorithms and patterns remind me of the gamecube/ps2 era with the cheat code patterns you had to input on the controller (ex. AABA↑Y↓X←) to unlock character skins and powerups. If you’re able to simplify it into a unique mneumonic, you’ll blast through it in no time, especially with consistent practice!