ECS 100

In ECS 100 I learnt many improved methods of teaching.

Below are photos from my ECS 100 year. Both whiles being within the school as well as an assignment that helped change my interpretation of teaching.

An assignment I did to resemble how residential schools in Canada mistreated their students.

The photo above shows a silhouette of a student that you would generally see within a residential school. The majority of the students that attended these schools were of Aboriginal, metis, or First Nation heritage. If you take a look at the silhouette’s hair you will see a braid that has a cross in between the top and bottom. This symbolizes how the European nuns and priests who ran the schools treated their students. The nuns would generally cut off the braid of the students. In the picture, you will see that half of the braid is on the floor. The families of most students would have braids in their hair to represent their culture and heritage. The nuns knew this so they would cut the braid off; taking the children’s traditions, culture, and language. And because I did this project on Canadian Residential Schools I have a red maple flag demonstrating the location that I was representing.

This is a math activity that I had done with the students in the classroom to understand patterns, ratios, and sequences.

The photo above demonstrated how I connected with the students to create a bond with them as I want to create a friendship with the students so I can further understand them and how to help them learn.