WEEK FOUR…

The highlights of this week were very important to me because I was placed in a 7/8 split classroom, which is closer to my grade-level. I am hoping to become a high school teacher so this age group is closer to my comfort zone. That day gave me many ideas for my own classroom in the future because the teacher introduced to me a card game for multiplication that the students were actually involved in. This day was a massive highlight day because of the equality between the students. We did many different subjects that day like, Phys ed, art, and math. In each subject, I learnt something new about each student. A personal highlight I had was that I learnt everyone’s names within that morning of being in that classroom.

This has impacted my teachers identity by helping me understand the expectations of the students of higher ages. The students helped me begin to understand what they need from a teachers perspective as well as the students learning what the teacher needs from them in order to help them grow and accomplish their expectations.

This is the grade 7/8 classroom that I was placed in for week four of my field placement.