This is Goodbye… (but not really because everything stays on the internet forever…)

Below is my summary of learning! What a ride this course has been. I wanted to give a shout-out to literally everyone because the debates were fantastic and we all crushed this super-fast course. If you are interested in the links to any of the sources that have helped me over this semester and that influenced the writing in the summary of learning they are all linked in the blog posts previous! I tried to be as authentic as possible, but I only have like 7 minutes so it might be a bit brief – for more in-depth analysis and a peak into my brain check out the blogs previous to this one (did I say that already? It’s a shameless plug – like a professor saying “buy my book!” – we’ve all been there).

Cheers to the summer (and a big shout out to my husband for patiently helping me make this video (and I do mean saintly patience), and cheers to a technology-inclusive and adapting school year ahead. Stay techie and remember you are doing the best you can,

Sav

7 Replies to “This is Goodbye… (but not really because everything stays on the internet forever…)”

1. Sarah Clarke says: Reply

Great video, Savannah! This class was more interesting that I thought it would be as well. I enjoyed listening to all the debates and hearing different perspectives. Your video summarizes each debate well and you pointed out many of the big arguments from each side. Well done and congrats on completing another course. Good luck with your future endeavors!

2. Ayodele Ogegbo says: Reply

This is a beautiful work Savannah and thanks so much. Your video captured the pros and cons of technology and I agree with you that the effectiveness of technology is highly dependent on a teacher’s training (TPACK). This course has also enhanced my understanding of the need to promote responsible use of tech among students.

3. Olajide Abijo says: Reply

It is easy to overlook the questions as an easy feat but discussing them afforded us a critical lens. I find it interesting that a placeholder course became a professional development discussion that has enhanced your understanding.

4. Hi Savannah,
    It is inspiring that you want to utilize the social media in your teaching process despite people believing that social media ruins the childhood. You have thoroughly discussed about the contemporary issues from both angles. I agree with you that we need to incorporate using technology in education. You have done a great job. Your learning summary video looks professional and I wish I knew how you made that. Hope to see you next time in different course. Stay safe and enjoy rest of the summer.

5. Allysia Doratti says: Reply

Your final blog post is a heartfelt and reflective summary of your learning journey. I particularly enjoyed your humorous yet sincere reflections on the permanence of digital footprints. My main takeaway is your appreciation for the course’s impact on your perspective on technology in education and your commitment to continuous learning. As you look back on your experiences in this course, what specific strategies or practices do you plan to continue or adopt in your future educational endeavours to leverage technology effectively and responsibly?

6. Great perspective! I really enjoyed listening your learning summary. You have done editing in a very professional way. You summarize every debate in a very constructive way. Thanks for sharing.

7. Aradhana Sapru says: Reply

Your comments about how everything stays on the net, even if deleted, kept my mind ticking. There is nothing that is lost forever. Your engagement with the course and your summary were insightful and I enjoyed it. Thanks for being part of this course.