Introduction post

January 26, 2021 2 By slb257

HEY… I’m new here!

I am Shana Blenkin and I am in my 2nd year of Early Elementary Education. Not only am I feeling like a “newbie” in University, but blogging is definitely a new avenue I will be venturing down this semester with you all!

My family

A little bit about me… I was previously an Educational Assistant at a little town along highway 1 called McLean. I worked there for 8 years and absolutely adored my time with the students. I was fairly connected to them and leaving that comfort was beyond hard! I live in Regina with my fiancé Spencer and our pup Walter! We are trying to plan a wedding during Covid and are very, very hopeful we can say “I do” this July!

Here are some of the people that have had a major impact on my life and the reason I am taking this new journey into Education.

I do not have much experience with educational technology… I would say that building my Edusites blog in year one and having one class last semester where we learned what “categories” are and we were able to have class discussion posts is all I have used thus far.

I personally, think blogs can be GREAT! I also LOVE<3 the idea of an educational blog for when I am a classroom teacher to further my knowledge and to connect with others to learn from them. Building connections and relationships are something I strive for and something I truly believe will help me in my educational journey.

Who doesn’t like to have tried and true resources available? or some teaching hacks to use?

Please follow along with my journey in #EDTC300 and also add me on twitter…which is also a work in progress! tweet at ya later 😉