About Me

About Me

I would like to start off by acknowledging that I am on treaty 4 land.  I want to reflect and honor where I am, the history of the land, and what came before me and the beauty of the land I am able to experience. I am able to acknowledge the history that our land holds and understand that it is a shared gift. As a future educator it is my duty to pass on all of the knowledge that comes with living in Canada and on treaty land. I will continue to explore and educate myself more so that I can pass on the knowledge to my future students, and honor the land we are on and not take what we have for granted.

My name is Shay Swystun, I am 20 years old in my third year of middle years education at the University of Regina. I was born and raised in Prince Albert Saskatchewan. I grew up playing multiple sports such as soccer, basketball, volleyball and track and feild. I hope to continue being involved in sport through my career as an educator by taking part in extracurricular activities and coaching. I come from a family of five. I have an older sister and a younger brother. My mom is a hairdresser and my dad is a teacher. His influence was a big part of why I decided to become and educator as well. I am excited to share with you my personal journey as I grow as an educator through this site…