Learning Blog #5: I got a Nikon camera: Week 4

Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
Give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world’s a sunny day, oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph

I couldn’t have come up with better opening for this blog. Last week finally I got my hands on a loaner camera. The friend loaned it to was curious to know why I want his camera but not his help. I described him about this learning project , #EDTC300 and how I will am documenting my  journey with this blog. He introduced me to this song.

So, I have already gave it away camera I have got  “NIKON D5500”

Let me honest, This is first time ever I looking this closely at camera. And there are so many buttons.

CC:https://miro.medium.com/max/1100/0*TWNAmIkpR7SkXtIt.jpg

I am already feeling like Its going to be too much of steep learning curve here on. Just the one or two good Videos I found talking in details about this specific camera usage is already like an 1 hour long.

Here is most useful once:

So, This is another suggestion I got from photography is, start with a mini goal:
Here is the goal for this and next week:

“Take a landscape picture with camera in AUTO-MODE, then flip to Full MANUAL-MODE and try to recreate same picture with. And only rule, I am not allowed to use<look> setting used by Camera auto-mode.”.

Basically, I this mini goal will help to get hold of three pillar I described in earlier blog here.

I already have been getting myself familiar with control interface of this camera. Not much to share this week, Just explore , trial and trial. Next week I will share results from my mini-goal and anything new I learn from it.

I am told, there are very few last week left before the winder kicks in. So, go out and make best of any warm days we are left with.

Until then cheers. 🙂 🙂