Learning Blog #10 – More on how photography works: Week 7

“The more you know, the more you realize you don’t know” –Aristotle

As I am trying to do more stuff with DSLR and phone cameras. And every question “How do I do that”, is taking me down one rabbit hole to another. Thus, this week again has been back to books for me and my google hunt has bought me to this yet another wonderful article:

a-beginners-guide-to-photography

Starting, with the literal basic physics behind  “Photography”; it is amazing to see how much is there inside a camera.

Another reminder of how the “Three pillars” (as I call them), of photography, work.

Nest, thing (ignoring the parts which I still have an idea, of what they are talking about, i.e metering )

A new unknown I got to know is, I again don’t still can’t grasp understanding,  below is a screenshot directly from the blog.

More on this can be found in this you-tube tutorial: (I will start looking into a histogram of the picture I take going forward to get a hold on this topic.)

Next, in Depth of Field, In the previous blog <TODO add reference here>, I understood the power of aperture. How it helps to bring focus to the object by blurring foreground and background.

Finally, very useful stuff if found through this resource is “Cheat-Sheets”:

Here are 3 (I didn’t like the 4th one) free once available. (Nah, I won’t pay for all of them)

(Credit: https://expertphotography.com)

Finally, as you would have noticed, Not many pictures are taken by myself for this blog, as I was taken away for one Mid-Term exam and the Diwali festival.

Happy Diwali

Also,

Happy First snow of Long winter :/

Cheers,
Sunaina