About Me

Hello everyone!

I would like to begin by acknowledging that I reside on traditional Treaty 4 territory with the presence of Treaty 6, which are the original lands of the Nêhiyawak (nay-hi-yuh-wuk, Cree), Ojibwe, Anihšināpēk (uh-nish-i-naa-payk, Saulteaux), Dakota, Nakota, Lakota, and on the homeland of the Métis/Michif nation. We respect and honour the Treaties that have been made on all territories, we acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we are committed to moving forward in partnership with the Indigenous nations in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.

Welcome to my professional E-portfolio. My name is Taelynn Chesney and I was born in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. I am currently enrolled in my third year of university in the Faculty of Education, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in middle years elementary education at the University of Regina. I grew up alongside my older and younger sisters as well as my younger brother.

I have always been extremely organized and passionate about working with children. I am currently a server at a restaurant in Moose Jaw and I’ve worked there since I was fifteen. Along with serving, I’ve been working as a support worker with neurodiverse children since the summer of 2021. I also became a casual educational assistant in April, 2022 for Holy Trinity Catholic School Division in Moose Jaw. In the past, I’ve had the privilege of working with children for the City of Moose Jaw in the summer of 2019 at the Park Program. Jobs working with children have given me opportunities to plan and organize fun activities, encourage participation, creativeness, and sportsmanship among these children as well as act as a supportive, caring mentor.

Jobs involving children have given me an opportunity to further improve my abilities in pursuing new avenues of learning and growing as a professional. I have been developing an immense amount of patience and understanding towards any child, regardless of their needs, abilities, identity, and where they’ve come from. 

In the fall of 2023, I started doing my seven-week pre-internship. I have been able to start teaching lessons, use class management strategies, develop teacher-student relationships, and have began to apply my teaching pedagogy in the classroom. 

Thank you for taking the time to visit my page, I hope you enjoy getting to know me more personally. 

My older sister Arielle (top left), my little sister Zoey (top right), myself (bottom left), my mother (middle), my little brother Daxton (bottom right) – September 2023 –

My Bestfriends – Tanvir, Crystal, and I going on a hike – Medicine Hat, AB -July 2021-

My boyfriend Sam and I kayaking in Wakamow Valley -July 2022-

A photo of myself at the top of Sulphur Mountain – Banff, AB -May 2022-

Sam and I on a boat ride, this was my first time seeing the ocean – Vancouver, BC -August 2022-