Entering Uncharted Waters: Week 3 Continued

Hi all! So, I’ve been wanting to try out Screencastify for my learning project. However, I wasn’t too sure how to do that with learning guitar. In my week three update I made a chart of beginner guitar chords and that got me thinking. I thought I’d make a quick video explaining how to read the chord charts so you can give them a try! I’m still getting used to the proper guitar terms, so I’m using pretty basic terminology. For all you guitar pros out there, feel free to correct me!

I’ll be explaining how to play this simple C chord.

As I said in the title, this was very new to me as it’s my first screencast. I’m looking forward to using it more and becoming more comfortable with it. I think it’s a great way for students to showcase their learning in the classroom, and also for educators especially during remote learning.

Let me know in the comments how you feel about Screencastify!

9 thoughts on “Entering Uncharted Waters: Week 3 Continued

1. Hi Tamantha!

I love that you included a post where you can showcase what you have learned so far from your learning project and class! You gave me an idea for my learning project actually.

I also like how simple screencastify is to use and I agree with you that it is a great tool for remote learning.

1. Thanks Jordan! I’m glad my post gave you inspiration for your project! 🙂 Screencastify really is easy to use. I think the only downside is the 5 minute time limit for videos. Then again, shorter videos help keep students engaged.

2. Hi Tamantha!
    Great post, I am trying to figure out screencastify for my learning project as well. I think you did well with your screencastify, and look forward to following along more with with your learning journey.

3. Hi Tamantha! I love how you used the screencast to teach others about your learning project, rather than just explaining what you’re doing. I might have to try something like that for my project this week!
    As for Screencastify, I’ve only used it once for the quick demonstration in Slack. It seems easy enough to use, but I haven’t really gotten into it yet. One thing I do like is that you can upload straight to YouTube – it saves a lot of time when you don’t have to download to your computer first, then upload it. Let me know if you have any tips!

1. Thanks Raylin! Yes, it’s super easy to upload to YouTube. This was my first time trying it out so I’m looking forward to learning more about it. Our learning project is a great opportunity to get familiar with using it!

4. Hey Tamantha!
    You did a really great job of using a screencast to explain how to do the c chord and read such chord charts! It was really easy to follow (maybe even more easy than pointing at the physical parts of the guitar in a normal video). You definitely inspired me to try out doing a screencast for learning my instrument in this way, as I was unsure how I could incorporate it into my post previously. Thanks for the insightful post!

1. Thanks Caitlin! I’m glad it’s easy to follow. I questioned if it would be too confusing as I don’t have a physical guitar in it, but I’m so glad it makes sense. Can’t wait to see the screencast for your instrument!