Hi there!

Hi, I’m Taylor! Fun fact…I grew up and still live in Melville, Saskatchewan, which is the smallest city in Saskatchewan! So small that I still wonder why we are classified as a city. I am 20 years old and finishing up the last of my courses before I head into my internship in the fall. I am working at the Melville Heritage Museum for the third summer in a row and am super excited to organize a ton of events! With school tours and other programs, the museum has given me many opportunities to find my passion for outdoor education. I absolutely love hiking, kayaking, and really anything outdoors!

I have recently been introduced to how technology is used in the classroom. There are a variety apps and websites that assist in classroom management and entertainment. As for my own experiences with educational technology, I use Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Youtube, and more recently Twitter. These all contribute to my education by allowing be to communicate and collaborate with others, as well as find new ideas to try out in the classroom! I have never been much of a blogger but I love the idea of sharing my thoughts and journeys. I think blogging is a great way to keep track of my own processes and perspectives, as well as see what other people are up to! That said, I am excited to document my process throughout this course and continue to do so afterwards!