EDTC300,  Intro post

Gettin’ this party started

Hello everyone, I am new here. Here as in blogging.

“SHE DOESNT EVEN GO HERE”

No, for real, I really don’t belong here – yet. I am new to this blogging thing. I haven’t had a lot of time to play around with the site so let’s call it “under construction” for now. SEND HELP.

I am kidding. You should become familiar with my sarcasm and silly jokes as you stick around as I pave the way for new knowledge and skills that come with owning a blog.

As far as getting to know me – if you haven’t guessed it already, that is under the “About Me” tab at the top of the page. What won’t be in there is information about my technologically advanced brain. I am a robot. No, no, but … how can you know for sure? I am kidding, sheesh. I do have a lot of experience and comfort when it comes to technology. I rarely find something technology-related that I do not understand, or am able to understand. I have been able to test a couple of new things out while teaching which has helped me. I have used Google Classroom and Math Prodigy. I have also used Google platforms to teach computer skills. This also means that I am giving Twitter another go – I gave up on it originally in 2008. Hit me up @AllysiaCoburn #blessed or whatever kids say nowadays.

munofore.com

In all seriousness, this is giving me some serious Gossip Girl vibes and I am digging it (if you don’t know what Gossip Girl is, go search it on Netflix, then binge away). I do look forward to what is to come on here. I hope you enjoy this content because, well, it’s a pandemic and there’s nothing else to do but be entertained by a stranger. And, honestly, follow Ryan Gosling until the ends of the Earth. You know why.

Bye for now!

XoXo Gossip Girl, uh, I mean Allysia 🙂

Hi there, I am a full-time high school mathematics teacher in Saskatchewan. I am also a single mom to my daughter, Ardann. I am currently taking my Masters of Adult Education and Human Resources through the University of Regina. My long-term goal is to teach at the University of Regina, in a Mathematics course. I keep busy playing volleyball in a competitive women's league twice a week, coaching the senior girls' volleyball team in my school, and doing activities with my daughter. I have a love for art as well, which is practiced by drawing intricate chalk art outside for my daughter or her favourite characters on my iPad.

• Trista Kennett

Allysia, your blog is wonderful! I love your sense of humour and your ability to communicate your message blog-style! The overall look of your website it beautiful and clean. I am looking at it on a iPhone and it looks great on here. I am excited to see you continue to develop your EDTC skills! ?

• Tina Bowley

Glad to see someone else in class working on their certificate. I am working on a certificate as well and have taken a few of the mathematics courses.

Congratulations on your recent life milestones and good luck juggling motherhood and student life. I commend anybody who can do both!

• Caelyn Hembroff

I double the Ryan Gossling fandom…HELLO! Thanks for the laugh today- I look forward to reading your posts this semester!