4 thoughts on “My Summary of Learning

1. LOL, loved your intro there Matt! Well done on summarizing your learning over the past semester. I appreciated your perspectives, comments and questions throughout the term. Like you, I have spent a lot of time this semester reflecting on both the cost and time involved with new tech. The question I asked in my own summary was, “why are we putting a price on student learning?” which also brings up the lack of equity between schools that are able to afford subscriptions and learning platforms versus those who are not. As for time, that is often the Achilles heel for teachers. When they already have such little of it, how can we ensure that we are doing our due diligence in learning new tech to effectively use it in the classroom? We have an interactive touchscreen TV that just showed up one day at our school. It sat in the library unused for about 8 months, and now it’s just sitting in an empty classroom. I have every intention of learning how to use it, but at the moment, I can barely keep up with my day to day activities!

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

• Thanks Gilbert, I appreciated being able to discuss with you in class. I try not to be too negative when it comes to edtech, but often I see it being misused, or used aimlessly. I think that is what makes our best instructors stand out so much, they’ve managed to align their choice of tech with their learning goals in ways that complement one another. I look forward to seeing your summary of learning when its done.

2. As always, Matt, your humor made me chuckle. Great job spreading it throughout the more intense aspects of EdTech. I loved how the tech in your slides progressed, ending on MSN chat. Your nuanced conclusion – that EdTech is neither saviour nor scapegoat – fits with my learning this term. Meaningful consideration must be given by the USER. If we expect students to exercise digital citizenship, we have to demonstrate it as educators. I appreciate all your perspectives shared in class, your blogs, and during our group project. Best wishes!

3. hi matt
    Great job matt. I really like your way of representing the summary of learning for this course. Thanks for sharing your view, blogs, and comments on the blog posts. I think that technology has both benefits and drawbacks but in today’s world the importance of technology is continuously increasing in teaching and learning, There are various tools available that help teachers and students for making teaching-learning effective.