Scrunching for Time

Black analog alarm clock at 7 01

Last week I made scrunchie for the first time. The blog that I got my instructions from said that you should be able to make a scrunchie in 15 minutes! I took waaaaay longer to make a scrunchie on my first try – an hour and 14 minutes to be exact! So this week I set out a goal to make another scrunchie, but to beat my previous time.

I also wanted to create a timelapse video to document my process, so I solicited Twitter for some suggestions.

I was going to use iMovie because I am familiar with the tool, however you could only speed up the video 2X, so I ended up using both WeVideo and iMovie. I sped up the video 8X on WeVideo then imported it into iMovie and sped up the fast version another 2X. Lastly, I added a title and some fun music.

In the end, I was able to cut my time in about half, as this scrunchie only took me 37 minutes!

High Speed Scrunchie Making!

Next week I am going to try and make a cute bow for my dog’s collar, since I neglected her all day today to work on school work and marking.

-Tina

6 thoughts on “Scrunching for Time

1. Tina,
    I appreciate your review of different video-making apps. I am hoping to use a video-making tool for my upcoming Learning Project so it was helpful to read some of your thoughts!
    Your scrunchie turned out great! Good job cutting your time in half – what an achievement!

1. Thank you Trista. iMovie was great to use and I would have used it in isolation, but it only changed the video length from 37 minutes to 4 minutes. I didn’t think anybody needed or wanted to watch 4 minutes of me sewing. Dependent on what kind of video you want to create, and if you have an Apple product, I would suggest iMovie over WeVideo.

2. Hi Tina,
    Excellent video and great blog post. I was hoping you would update on your advancements in terms of speed and I was not disappointed! I knew you would better your time from the first scrunchie, but cutting it in half is very impressive! Keep up the good work.
    Ian

3. Hi Tina!
    I am so happy you were able to speed up your process from last week! It was also great to see your use of different apps when it came to trying to solve the issue of speeding up your video. You were able to overcome and achieve, great job!

Paige