Sewing is a Hoot

assorted color sewing machine

I decided to change Sewing Sunday to Sewing Saturday this week because of Super Bowl! We are a pretty big football family and I want to be able to concentrate on all the snacks tomorrow – I mean the game . . .

Last week I practiced various types of hand sewing stitches. I wanted to practice those stiches again, but I wanted to actually make something this time. I spoke with a colleague of mine, Lynn, and she directed me to a cute felt ornament from this blog.

I had left over felt, thread, and buttons from my previous two weeks so I gave it try. I was so into the creation that I forgot to take pictures along the way. . . so I had to make another one. The purple owl I made was my first attempt and the green owl was my second attempt.

How does my owl compare the picture from Aurora’s blog?
https://juicy-bits.typepad.com/juicy_bits/2009/12/131-give-a-hoot-for-the-holidays.html

What do you think of my owls? What should I try to sew next?

-Tina

10 thoughts on “Sewing is a Hoot

1. That was on my list as well, but it looks intimidating. Maybe I will try it as my big finale! Thank you for the encouragement!

1. Hi Tina,
    I completely stand by your decision to move sewing Sundays to sewing Saturday due to the Super Bowl and snacks. I hope you enjoyed yourself! I love the owl, its so cute! Your stitches look like you put a lot of time into them, they are like perfectly spaced out! Great job! I think you should try to sew some scrunchies!!

1. Alex, that is a great idea especially since my dog has wrecked most of mine. I looked up a how to video and I think I can do it!

2. This is amazing! You are doing such a great job – your owl is adorable! I agree with Alexandra, you should try some scrunchies!!

3. Hi Tina!
    It’s so cute! I remember in my home ec class we made “UGLY dolls” which were essentially the same idea as the owl you made! I am excited to see what else you make over the next few weeks!
    Paige