My name is Jeanelle Tsannie, I am originally from Wollaston Lake, Saskatchewan, now residing in Prince Albert. I have been a teacher for almost 6 years, my experiences in teaching is mainly with high school students. I have a passion for teaching English Language Arts. I am a bi-lingual speaker, both fluent reading and writing (Dene and English). My leisure activities are fishing and hunting, I don’t do much of that in the city. I am an outdoor woman, raised on the trapline, where I grew up watching my grandparents hard at work trapping, hunting, and harvesting wild food on daily basis. As an educator, I believe that Land-Based Learning is important for all students, as these experiences help students become more knowledgeable with our traditions and culture. However with this ever changing world, we must teach our students to survive in both the western ways of knowing and our traditional lifestyle. In the last year, I have familiarized myself in teaching with technology, as we are forced to stay at home more often. This is my first masters class through the U of R. I have taken a leadership course through Yorkville University before. I am looking forward to meeting new people and learning along side with everyone. 🙂

My goals:

1. To learn more about blended learning and to explore what technology has to offer.
  2. To learn about designing and implementing online learning for myself and my students, as I am not quite the tech teacher, however I like challenges!
  3. To make blended learning a fun learning experience for students.
May be an image of one or more people, nature and mountain
Photo taken on Highway 93 towards Banff, Alberta
Categories: Uncategorized