My Education

Early Education

As a child I attended Hamiota Elementary School from Kindergarten to grade 5. During my middle school and high school years (grade 6 to grade 12) I attended Hamiota Collegiate Institute where I graduated in 2015. 

Post-Secondary Education

After graduating high school I was enrolled at the University of Regina in Engineering and Applied Science.  I majored in Electronic Systems Engineering with a focus in Power Systems and Control Systems. During this time, I was also enrolled in the University’s coop program. While working towards my first degree, I completed four work terms lasting four months each. During my first placement I worked as tech support for the Department of National Defense at CFB Shilo. I then worked as a research assistant for Agriculture and Agri-Foods Canada at the Indian Head Research Farm. Finally, I spent my last two coop placements as an Electrical Engineer Student for The Mosaic Company located at their Esterhazy potash mines.

My experience in engineering was incredibly rewarding and enjoyable, but ultimately I decided that it was not a career I wanted to pursue and that the difference I wanted to make in the world was as a teacher. After graduating with distinction from engineering in the summer of 2021, I enrolled in the Bachelor of Education After Degree (BEAD) program at the University of Regina in the middle years program.