Tyler’s Rationale

All through my schooling career, from K-12, and now college, I’ve seen Tyler’s strategy adapt clearly in my classes. The arrangement of my classes was to be teaching the curriculum, and after that show my understanding of it by evaluation or by given a test/quiz. Tyler’s premise teaches the conclusion objective in judgment skills. For example, we would learn how to be capable of managing time. This can be handing assignments in on time, arriving to class before the bell rings, etc.

From my point of perspective, the major limitation of Tyler’s rationale is that it assumes every student learns in a similar manner. It only assesses the student’s understanding at the end, and not throughout learning. This limits the potential of the student’s understanding as they may fall behind and struggle to catch up with their work. All students have different goals and achievements which means that they progress with different speed and methods teachers use to help students learn. 

I think the article has some benefits. One potential benefit could be for students who move schools/cities frequently. Since there is no regulation for when subjects/topics are taught a student may miss out on large sections of the curriculum. Another beneficial point could be how students are engaged with their peers to discuss and reflect on the course material and work together to achieve success.