My Sewing Enthusiasm

I’ve always admired the skill of sewing—watching my friend of 20 years and spouse transform a simple piece of fabric into a masterpiece is nothing short of magical. I see this project as a personal challenge to step out of my comfort zone. I want to learn new skills, develop patience, and embrace the learning process, even if it means making mistakes along the way.

I have always like craft and always appreciate hand work and people’s ingenuousness but taking this learning upon myself is actually a new challenge and a new road I want to drive on and explore.

I am a lover of fashion, and I like dressing to look well and cute, I also like fabrics, and this has endeared me to this sewing.

As someone who cares about the environment, I’m drawn to the idea of sustainable fashion. By learning to sew, I can create my own clothes and reduce my reliance on fast fashion. This project is about more than just learning a craft; it’s about making mindful choices that align with my values.

Also, this learning project will also help me economically to save as I will be able to sow for my children and also it will be a source of income generation to me when I start making clothes for others and earn from it.