Exploring Canva to Document my Learning project and make a Logo for my Sewing enterprise

In today’s digital age, tools that foster creativity and enhance learning experiences are essential for both teachers and students. One of such tools that stands out is Canva—a versatile graphic design platform that simplifies the creation of stunning visuals. This blog post will provide an overview of Canva, offer basic instructions and tips, and explore how it can be effectively utilized in the classroom, including its alignment with the SAMR model.

Canva is more than just a design tool; it’s a great platform for enhancing creativity and learning in the classroom. By incorporating Canva into teaching practices, educators can engage students at various levels of the SAMR model, making learning more interactive and enjoyable. Whether for personal projects like my sewing journey or collaborative classroom activities, Canva can inspire creativity and innovation in every learner. Happy designing!

Using Canva in the Classroom

The SAMR model (Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, Redefinition) provides a framework for integrating technology in education. Here’s how Canva can fit into each level:

1. Substitution: Students can use Canva to create digital posters instead of traditional paper ones. This substitution keeps the same functionality but uses a digital medium.
  2. Augmentation: Incorporating Canva’s collaborative features allows students to work together on projects in real-time, enhancing their engagement and fostering communication skills.
  3. Modification: Students can modify assignments by creating interactive presentations that include videos and links, transforming a standard presentation into an engaging, multimedia experience.
  4. Redefinition: Using Canva, students can create a digital portfolio that showcases their work overtime, integrating various types of media and reflecting on their learning journeys in a way that wasn’t possible before.

Documenting My Sewing Learning Project with Canva and Designing a Logo

To illustrate the power of Canva, I’ll document my progress in my sewing learning project. Here’s how I plan to use Canva for this project:

Incorporate Visuals: Add photos of my sewing progress, including fabric choices, pattern layouts, and completed pieces.

By utilizing Canva to document my sewing project, I not only create a visually appealing record of my learning journey but also reflect on my experiences in a meaningful way.

Design a logo for my Sewing enterprise: I will make and design a logo using the Canva templates and make some edit and redesigning to suite my preference on the Canva app. this will help me to propel and sell myself well to the world.

Here is the Logo I made for my sewing enterprise. Logo, Yemi

4 thoughts on “Exploring Canva to Document my Learning project and make a Logo for my Sewing enterprise

1. Hi Yemii,
    I really liked this blog! I especially liked how you were able to link the use of Canva into SAMR. I am going to start doing that when I use digital learning tools it’s important to make habits out of making those connections. Thanks for the creative idea of using Canva to create a business logo. I have been working on creating a logo for my art business when I get that going and never even thought to use Canva. I look forward to learning more about this venture.

2. Hi Yemi, I loved your post! I never knew you could create a logo on it! This is something I am going to show my mom so she can do this with her business design! Thank you for sharing and I hope your having a great week!

3. I love how you explained canva and how we could use it in the classroom! I liked your logo, did you take the pictures or were they stock? I’d also love to see your face somewhere on the logo!