Snap, Crackle & Pop

Snap, Crackle & Pop

Part of photography is learning how to edit the photos you have taken. There is an editing tool called Snapseed for practicing editing. As I was getting ready to use Snapseed, I learned that the app is not supported on Macbooks, which I hoped it was. I wanted a tool I could use on my Macbook so I would have a large screen to stare at. I later found that you can download an Android Emulator and then download Snapseed. Luckily, I could still use my iPhone to try out the app. It worked, but as I suspected, editing on a smaller screen had challenges.

Snapseed tools

Snapseed has many great features, considering it is a free app. It is user-friendly and easy to mess around with the different tools. After using a tool, you can delete the changes or keep them and move on to another tool. Some tools include tuning images, white balance, perspective, details, vignettes, and adding frames. 

I’ve created a brief pros and cons list of the different features of Snapseed…

Pros:

• It has a three-minute tutorial to get started
  • There are over 30 tutorials available to help with the different functions
  • It’s FREE
  • There are 28 tools you can use to make edits
  • Preset filters are available
  • Exporting images from the app is simple

Cons:

• When importing images from a DSLR camera (like in my case), you have to transfer the DSLR camera photos to your iPhone and then upload them in Snapseed.
  • Cannot easily access on a Macbook 
  • The phone screen is small, and it’s challenging to see the edits

Overall, I enjoyed the Snapseed app. It is user-friendly and a great option for those who don’t want to spend money on a photo editing tool. 10/10 would recommend.

Original Photo
Edited Photo using Snapseed