Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I learn ~ Benjamin Franklin

Crafting With The Cricut Machine: Introduction To My Learning Project

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to explore the world of creativity and design by creating my own t-shirts. However, when I first developed this idea, it was many years ago before the Cricut Machine was invented. I used to make shirts by using this special Iron on Printer Paper. I could print onto this paper from my computer printer and then iron it onto the shirt. I have made a couple of projects by doing this and it works but it does not give the results a Cricut machine would produce. After a few washes the decal, design, or picture you put on the shirt or fabric begins to crack and wear down. I have eyed the machines for a long time but never took the plunge to buy one…until last year when I finally purchased one, the Cricut Explore Air 2.

What next I asked. Not knowing how to use it, I placed it to the side and said, “I will need to find time to explore it and figure out how to work it”. The machine has now been sitting unboxed in my basement collecting dust. I am still waiting to find that “time” to pull it out and start a project. Well, there is no better time than now to finally crack open the box and explore what I can create through this learning project.

I have many ideas in mind of things I want to create, and I am looking forward to finally setting time aside to learn the ropes of becoming crafty with the Cricut. It is my goal to try something different with the machine each week. Come along with me on my learning journey where I explore many online formats that will give me inspiration for many different projects.

It is time to blow off the dust and finally try this machine out!

1. Kyla White

Weehoo!! Brittany! I cannot wait to see what you create with your cricut. I think that this is such a cool idea. I wish I had a cricut myself. There are so many different things that you can do for it!
    I always find that I am the type of person that says “I will get to it eventually” then I just never do. That is why I was excited about this assignment as well. Such a fun chance to explore something we may not have go to ourselves.
    I can’t wait to see where you progress to! 🙂 Good luck on your cricut journey.

2. Kate Johnson

Hi Brittany,
    This is a very cool idea and a handy skill to have. It could grow into an excellent side business down the road. It could also be a useful tool for the classroom, as you could make cool t-shirts for yourself or your students. I cannot wait to see what you create!

3. Karlee Michael

Hey Brittany,
    Love that you are going to get to have fun with your cricut. I have had mine for 3 years now and have made many different unique projects and gifts. I am always surprised by the things I am able to create and how they turn out. I am looking forward to seeing what you create with your machine. Enjoy the journey its a fun one.