Month: October 2023

As an exchange student in Canada, embracing new experiences is a crucial part of my journey. This week, instead of my usual card trick practice, I found myself immersed in the vibrant celebration of Halloween – a festive tradition that was both enchanting and educational. Halloween in Canada: Halloween here is a unique blend of […]

Read more

In the realm of our ever-expanding digital world, the concept of cyber safety and digital citizenship has become increasingly crucial. Reflecting on my own schooling experience offers an insightful glance into how these concepts were approached and their effectiveness. During my school years, the approach to cyber safety was a blend of educational insight and […]

Read more

This week, I delved into one of the most fundamental sleights in card magic: the Double Lift. This deceptively simple move is key to countless card tricks and requires precision and finesse to execute flawlessly.   Learning the Double Lift The Double Lift involves lifting two cards as one, creating the illusion of a single […]

Read more

In our latest class, we delved into a captivating discussion centered around Michael Wesch’s keynote, “An Anthropological Introduction to YouTube.” Wesch’s exploration into the evolution of digital memes and collective expression opened a gateway to understanding the profound changes in our world, especially in how we communicate, interact, and learn. The Culture of Participation: Wesch’s […]

Read more

This week presented an unexpected twist in my learning journey. While I had planned to continue mastering the art of card tricks, a trip to the breathtaking Banff meant a pause in my usual practice routine. However, true learning knows no bounds, and I found an alternative way to keep my magic quest alive. Embracing […]

Read more

This week, I embarked on a journey to explore an unfamiliar yet promising tool – CapCut. As part of my ongoing learning project, I chose to delve into this app not just to review its functionalities but to also document my learning progress creatively. Introducing CapCut: CapCut is a versatile video editing tool that allows […]

Read more