This week, I embarked on a journey to explore an unfamiliar yet promising tool – CapCut. As part of my ongoing learning project, I chose to delve into this app not just to review its functionalities but to also document my learning progress creatively.

Introducing CapCut: CapCut is a versatile video editing tool that allows users to create, edit, and enhance videos with ease. Its user-friendly interface makes it accessible for beginners, yet it boasts features that even seasoned video editors would appreciate.

Getting Started with CapCut: Upon opening the app, you’re greeted with a straightforward layout. Starting a new project is as simple as tapping the ‘New Project’ button. You can import videos and photos from your gallery and begin editing. Key features include cutting, trimming, adding music, text, filters, and effects.

Tips for Using CapCut:

1. Layering: Utilize the layering feature to add multiple elements to your videos.
  2. Transitions: Experiment with different transitions for a professional touch.
  3. Text and Stickers: Enhance your videos with text overlays and fun stickers.
  4. Music and Sound Effects: Add music from the extensive library or use sound effects to elevate your video.

Using CapCut in the Classroom: CapCut can be a dynamic tool in educational settings. For instance, students can create video projects, documenting experiments or field trips. Teachers can use it to make engaging lesson summaries. In terms of the SAMR model (Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, Redefinition), CapCut can be utilized at all levels, enhancing and transforming the learning experience.