I had a lot of ideas for some projects I would’ve liked to learn but I am kind of a Jack of all trades (Lies) I wanted to try to learn something new. I like to pick up random things when I get bored and I am usually bored most of the time.

I wanted to braid hair because at some point I had long hair and wanted to do something cool like corn rows but it was hard doing it on myself. It took me a lot of tries to teach myself how to do it ( I did not use any YouTube videos or anything) I just had some experience braiding my sister’s hair. It was hard learning it on myself but I found it was easier doing Dutch braids on myself than others. It was fun doing hairstyles on myself and others.

Then I wanted to start cutting hair and doing fades and everything. I had a friend teach me the basics and I watched YouTube videos and practiced on a lot of my friends over and over again. I got pretty good and have been doing it for 2 and a half years already and probably cut around 120 heads per year.

I tried “Waves” in my hair which takes a long time to do because it’s constant brushing with a bristle brush for the hair to stay matted and have a wave-like look but my hair is straight so it didn’t look as good as people with a curlier pattern.

Right now I am doing dreads on myself and i’ve been doing it for about 5-6 months now and when it gets long enough I want to start doing barrel braids, two strand twists, etc. I really became a hair freak at this point of time because I tried many hairstyles and learned so much about hair, thickness of a single hair, curl patterns, growth rates, and a ton of other things. So together I’ve been braiding and cutting hair for about 3-4 years now.

In that time I also started getting into Native american beading where started making lanyards first and that takes a long time 7-8 hours because its putting one bead on at a time called peyote stitch and than I started making medallions which take up to 8-10 hours depends on how big the medallion is and earrings that take up to 1-3 hours depends on the design. I’ve been doing it for about 3 years and I continue to do it in my free time. I also do the double stitch method for beading medallions which means 2 needles instead of the usual 1 needle.

Rubiks cubes were fun to do and I mastered the 3×3 2×2 and a triangle one, right now im working on a 4×4.

I have a bunch of random projects i like to start and kinda give up when it gets boring but Spanish has been fun.

P.S my “Add Media” wont let me put in images i dont know why? it was letting me before.

Links if you want to learn how to cut hair, bead, or solve a rubiks cube.

I usually watch Faded Culture on Youtube if I want to get some fade tips. Here is a beginners tutorial. On fading hair.

Two Wolf Studio on Youtube is a great teacher on walking people through the basics of making a medallion and other bead work.

Solving a rubiks cube was hard at first but I got used to it. J perm on youtube shows great tutorials and here is a beginners tutorial

I am also good at painting and drawing.