Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Tanisi

Education and Technology

Technology has always been in every classroom that I’ve been in and schools kept implementing more technology for learning purposes, which I find a little crazy because these teachers who’ve spent years and thousands of dollars to go to school for information that is now free online with a quick google search. This is crazy because now teachers have to use tools like TurnIn which uses AI to make sure the students didn’t use something that was also AI to cheat, or Proctortrack which tracks your eye movement, hand movement, and everything. CrAzY! That technology has become a culture in most schools to help teach and restrict kids from cheating. But technology has helped us advance as people because now anyone can attend classes while at home because of Zoom and other meeting apps, I even heard that doctors are using VR to teach other doctors around the world.

This topic is fun and there is too much to say about it so I kinda rambled on to make it look longer. Lol. What technology was crazy for you to get used to?

1. Bernice Hauck

Hello!

The biggest thing that took me a long time to get used to was probably all the different social medias. I still don’t know how to use FaceBook and Discord is a mystery to me. I only spend as much time on there as I have to!

Bernice

• Dalin Cyr

I feel you, Bernice some social media have some complex stuff on them and they are usually the ones I stay away from also. Thanks for the comment.

2. Zachary Hirshmiller

Oh no, you made me remember the horrible days of proctortrack. I hated that technology, I understand why they felt we needed it but the fact it was completely dehumanized made me feel so uneasy and added even more stress to an already stressful event of an exam. I think technology such as proctortrack is a step in the wrong direction, we should be using technology to help students and to expand what they can do, not to limit them.

• Dalin Cyr

True it feels like our computer turned into something outta Transformers I swear if our cameras were like an eyeball it would follow every movement we make and its eye would get huge if we do something wrong. I don’t like Proctortrack and I don’t use it. I have someone invigilate me while I do online tests.
      I also heard it tracks your eye movement, fingers when typing, surrounding sounds, and your internet search, which I find very extreme.