EDTC 300,  Learning Project

The Icing to Finish it Off!

Looking back at my learning project there are many things that to reflect on, some good, some bad and some that I did not think I would be reflecting on:

1. My patience is very limited, I do not like to wait for things to dry and always tried to rush getting everything done.
  2. It is very hard to learn a new skill, it takes hours and hours of practice yet it still never seems perfect, and you never seem to be happy with the product you are producing!
  3. You are your own worst critic, I did not think that my cookie decorating skills were anything special but every time my cookies were shown everyone told me how cute and how good they looked.
  4. Learning from the internet is something that is very doable, there are hundreds of different resources and ways to learn. From Youtube to TikTok to Facebook. There are a million different ways to learn.
  5. You will fail, you will fail MANY, MANY times! you will get frustrated and you will want to give up. However, if you push through you will make progress and want to continue on learning.

Below I have added pictures in on some of the many failed attempts that I had. These fails made me want to give up and not try again. However, I continued to try and I feel like it made me a better person.

Thank you for following along on my icing journey! I hope you enjoyed watching me progress as I learnt a new skill!

• Jelisa Bjola

I love the little cow! It’s nice to see that someone else in the class also did a learning project related to baking, too. I agree that everyone is definitely their own worst critic. Trial and error is the way to go. Great job!