EDTC 300

Changing World, Changing Technology

As the world changes there are many changes that come along with it. One of the biggest changes that is happening and presence in our everyday life is technology. Technology places a huge and vital role within our society. It is our base of communication, knowledge and everything we do. If we want to talk to someone we are able to just pick up the phone and give them a phone call or send them a text. No matter the distance communication is not a struggle we face.

With tech playing such a significant role within our lives it it important to be able to think about the role that technology will be used within our classrooms. Technology can be a very useful and helpful tool but if it is not used correctly it can cause a lot of damage to yourself and others. I believe that in my future I am going to allow my students to keep their personal technology devices with them. There are some kids that may need music to be able to work independently and focus on their work. Well, this depends on the age of students I will be teaching! I will not let grade 1’s bring phones into the classroom so they can play games. Technology will be allowed within my classrooms as longs as students do not abuse the privilege of getting to keep it.

I believe one of the most important parts about having technology in schools is educating students on the ways to use technology, what is safe and what is not. If you want to read more about how I plan t0 educate students on how I plan to educate kids check out my blog ‘Cyber Safety… Education.‘ In this blog I go into depth on the ways that I plan to educate students on cyber safety and the ways to use technology.

Technology is a tool that can be used within the classroom as a learning tool. Being able to use technology to do research, learn a new topic, or like in this class, use technology to learn a new skill. It is something that can be a very useful tool. I am a true believe that within a few years technology will take over the classroom, teachers will not stand in the front of the class and give lecture, the students will learn through videos and activities online. That students will no longer write paper tests and all the tests will be taken online and their grades will be uploaded instantly after they are done writing. We’ve seen the impact that AI technology has played on our education system and everyday life, both good and bad. I believe that there will be many more technology programs released in the future that will change our education system.

What are your thoughts of technology in education? I’d love to hear in the comments!