Who Am I

Hello, my name is Everett Stone and although I was born in Moosejaw Saskatchewan I spent the first 13 years of my life living in Daejeon, South Korea attending T.C.I.S. (Taejon Christian International School). After moving back to Canada I attended and graduated from Caronport High School (Now Briercrest Christian Academy), before taking two years of psychology at Briercrest College. I then started taking engineering at the University of Regina for a few years, but I realized that I didn’t have a passion for engineering and wished to pursue a career elsewhere. After talking with friends and family I decided to follow in my grandfather’s and father’s footsteps and pursue a path in education. I have always enjoyed tutoring others, and some of my favorite days working as a lifeguard were those I spent teaching swimming lessons so I feel this was a natural career path to pursue. I am currently attending UofR and am in my 3rd year of a double degree for a bachelor of mathematics and secondary school education focused in math and science.

I have no experience with blogs, either writing or reading them. However, I am excited to give it a try as documenting the progress I am making in my personal project will both give me motivation to actually make an effort and work on it, as well as allow me to visually see the improvements I am making week by week.

One comment on “Who Am I

1. -

Wow! That is so cool that you got to experience growing up in South Korea! I spent a day and a half in South Korea when I was returning home from 2 weeks in Thailand, and I would love to go back and see more of the country. I have also taken different programs and realized that they weren’t right for me, and I am so glad I made the choice to go into education.

I hope you have a great semester, and I look forward to hearing about your experiences and personal project in the coming weeks.